What makes an SCS student unique?
Students of all grade levels and abilities are involved outside the classroom at Southwest Christian School, whether through clubs and activities, a myriad arts opportunities, athletic teams, or even grade-level travel!
Chisholm Trail Campus Activities and Clubs (Pre-K - 6)
Southwest Christian School’s Elementary After-School Programs were created for extra enrichment opportunities for students who show high interest and ability outside the regular classroom.
- A fun way to take your interest in technology and turn it into a productive skill.
- Learn patterns, build and design your own creations.
- Students will have the opportunity to work hands on and learn programming with Legos WeDo 2.0
- Plan, design and construct a LEGO EV3 robot. No prior LEGO building or robotics experience is necessary.
- Students have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of creating and editing videos.
- A project-based course where students learn and practice fundamental art skills.
- A fun way for students to become more confident, improve their communication skills, and much more
Lil' Eagle Dance
- Students will enjoy learning different styles of dance.
- Both beginner and experienced players are welcome. All equipment is supplied by Chess America. Each class consists of a fun, interactive learning period followed by supervised gameplay.
- Ready. Set. Run. with Coach Gough!
- Students will learn more about ASL, the basics of sign language, and sign language worship
Lakeside Campus Activities and Clubs (7-12)
- Bass Fishing
- National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)
- National Honor Society (NHS)
- Junior World Affairs Council (JWAC)
- National English Honor Society
- TAPPS Academic Team
- PSIA Academic Meet
- Model United Nations
- Math Counts
- Speech and Debate
- Aviation and Rocketry
- Middle School Service Council
- High School Executive Council
- High School Class Officers
- Student Ambassadors
- Ministry Team
- Hope Squad
- Student Trainers
- National Arts Honor Society (NAHS)
- International Thespian Society (ITS)
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
- Chapel Praise Band
- Jazz Band
- Choir and Show Choir
- Mens Ensemble
- Mainstage Productions
- Rocket and Aviation Club
- Rockin' Eagles
- Dance Team
- Eagle News Network
Education at Southwest Christian School is about much more than lessons learned in the classroom. Starting in fifth grade, students take one trip a year focusing on history, science, and service.
Fifth grade students will enjoy an overnight science expedition-focused trip at Allaso Ranch in Hawkins, Texas.
Sixth-grade students will learn about leadership and team building during their time at Sky Ranch in Van, Texas
In the fall, seventh-grade classes have the opportunity to attend an educational U.S. history trip in Boston. Students will visit Quincy Market, Plimoth Patuxet, the Mayflower, Boston Library, Old Church tour and even a fun stop at Fenway park!
Eighth-grade classes will enjoy an exciting U.S. history trip while exploring our country’s rich heritage by visiting attractions such as the Arlington National Cemetery, the Capitol, the Library of Congress, the Supreme Court, the National Archives, the Smithsonian museums, the White House, and all the monuments and memorials.
High school students are offered the adventure of a lifetime with the SCS Minimester program. This program offers a wide range of travel, enrichment, and global, national, and local service opportunities that will further equip students to become Christian leaders in the world.
Past experiences include building and renovating homes in Honduras and Jamaica, serving orphans in Kenya and in rural South Africa, exploring geology, glaciology, and volcanoes in Iceland, and engaging in masterclass acting workshops on Broadway.
Summer Camp Sensation
Summer Camps at SCS provide a safe, nurturing environment for campers to engage in fun learning experiences while building new friendships. Featuring a summer staff of professional educators and enrichment staff, our programs help campers express their creativity and learn new skills through a variety of academic, art, and outside activities.
SCS seeks to awaken students to the God-given talents in them while educating them in the disciplines of the arts.
SCS athletics provides a platform for students to learn life lessons through sports and allow for opportunities to grow as Christian leaders in the world.